Grateful Dead Live at Providence Civic Center on 1985-04-04
d1t02 Alabama Getaway
d1t03 Jack Straw
d1t04 Dire Wolf
d1t05 El Paso
d1t06 She Belongs To Me
d1t07 My Brother Esau
d1t08 Friend Of The Devil
d1t09 Lost Sailor >
d1t10 Saint Of Circumstance >
d2t02 I Need A Miracle >
d2t03 Crazy Fingers >
d2t04 Samson And Delilah
d3t01 He's Gone >
d3t02 Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad >
d3t03 Drums >
d3t04 Space >
d3t05 The Wheel >
d3t06 Black Peter >
d3t07 Around And Around >
d3t08 Turn On Your Lovelight
d3t09 U.S. Blues
Collection GratefulDeadBand/Artist Grateful DeadVenue Providence Civic CenterLocation Providence, RISource MAC; 2 Sennheiser 421s > Sony D5 > 2 TDK MA90sLineage Master Audience Cassettes>Nakamichi CD2(azimuth adjusted)> rca>xlr>Lunatec V3> coax>Audiophille 2496>CEP 2.0>Trader's Little Helper>FLAC16Taped by Mark McCue, Adam, Monica, Johnny Kelly and Davey the beeker meadeTransferred by Alex Ford
- 2 patches were made to compensate for tape flips using the Oade AUD source (SHNID=23848)
on track d1t08 (08:33-09:05) and track d3t03 (06:38-07:23).
- There were SBE's and they were fixed and verified with Trader's Little Helper.
- Files were encoded @ level 6.
- Mark's personal photos from 4/4/85 at the Biltmore Hotel and a CD cover are included with this fileset.
- Mark asked each band member separately to play Crazy Fingers. He really bugged Jerry in the hotel elevator on the way to the show. He told them about being shut out of Richmond '83 (last time played) and wanting them to play it. They all said they'd talk to the other band members. And so it was...
May 8, 2014
Nice recording here
Not often I go to local shows for a listen. local being the band playing in my area of the country where I was born and raised.
This morning I came for the She belongs to me breakout. I recall as soon as Jerry started singing unfamiliar lyrics I ran into the arena and grabbed a seat to watch. Also recall the 2nd set as being a lot of fun. dancing and goofing around during Lovelight. Anyone here remember Shwirller. The fun goofy guy who was at every show back then. Well I can still see him mocking Pig Pen during the Lovelight .
April 14, 2010
A very good recording. Pitched and balanced nicely to my sensitive ears. Above average typical '85- sloppy acid drenched high energy stuff- done very well. Some gems in here. Headphones
October 14, 2009
What a show.
This could be the greatest version of Black Peter ever to see a Nakamichi microphone.
He's Gone is absolutely in the rock-o-sphere as well.
Wish I'd been there.
December 25, 2008
Very good aud...
...and a rippin' show. If the note about Crazy Fingers is true, that's classic. Most of these auds by Mike and Adam are really good; few are reviewed, but most are very much worth the DL. 8/30/04 is among the best I've heard on the archive...
Thanks! And Happy Holidays...
April 5, 2008
Great AUD, and the show smokes.. just the Alabama Getaway... is all of '85 like this?